It is the responsibility of all Masters to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, requirements and documentation in the Companies Safety Management System Manual. Masters have the specific obligation to ensure that all personnel assigned to vessels are provided with information, instructions and directions necessary for meeting the program objectives of safety, environmental protection and quality service through knowledgeable and competent execution of assigned tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Supervise the crew, keep the vessel in operational readiness and perform jobs as assigned. Train the crew to perform their duties in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Direct maintenance on the vessel as needed.
- Evaluate all crewmembers in accordance with Company policy and take action as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Company’s policy are carried out.
- Work closely with pilots and appropriate government agencies to ensure the proper performance of the job.
- Ensure compliance of company safety policies, maintenance and training programs.
- Properly investigate and report marine incidents.
- Must possess and maintain a USCG Masters of towing NCW.
- Twic, Radar Endorsement and MMD.
- 5 years as master on towing vessels with 2 years on Z-Drive tugs
- Thorough knowledge of ship docking and navigational skills
- Working knowledge of propulsion, auxiliary and deck machinery.
- Must possess strong written and oral communicative skills.
- Must be able to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Ability to work week on week off.
- Able to work weekends, holidays, and at night. Willing to take call outs.
- Valid state driver’s license.
Fax your résumé to: (813) 242-4525
- No phone calls
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR RÉSUMÉ UNLESS RESPONDING TO A CURRENT OPENING. WE ARE UNABLE TO RETAIN UNSOLICITED RÉSUMÉS.
Marine Towing practices Equal Employment Opportunity in all matters of employment.
Marine Towing is a drug free work place. Pre-employment drug testing is required.